Secondary English/Drama Trainee Teacher
up to £20,000
About the job
Does a Secondary English/Drama Trainee sound like the perfect position for you?
Are you ready to start your teacher training?
Do you need a salaried teacher training route?
Are you looking for accredited training?
Grad2Teach are currently on the search for an English and/or Drama graduate to start in a good secondary school in Norfolk. This school has a wonderful community feel and is committed to developing staff with dedicated support from their leadership team. At this school, you will be working with a varied team of professionals. You will have opportunities to develop your own skills in teaching and learning. This role calls for a graduate who has had some experience in schools. Someone who is willing to jump straight in to teaching groups and/or classes, to gain the experience needed to gain QTS. As a secondary English/Dara trainee, you will deepen your knowledge and understanding of how to teach this subject. As a secondary trainee, you will have opportunities to upskill as you work across the school.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience including; Teaching Graduate, Trainee Teacher, ITT, Initial Teacher Training, PGCE, Teacher Training, Primary Teacher Training, Secondary Teacher Training, Graduate Teacher, may also be considered.
To be eligible for this training opportunity, you will need:
· The right to work in the UK
· A background in Music including a related undergraduate degree
· Minimum C/Level 4 grade in GCSE Mathematics
· Minimum C/Level 4 grade in GCSE English
· A can-do attitude
· A willingness to develop yourself
· A basic understanding of the UK education system
· A passion for helping and supporting young people
· Enthusiasm for teaching
· Good organisational skills
How will Grad2Teach support you?
With Grad2Teach you will work to complete a one- or two-year course, achieving a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools, earning a salary as you train. Upon passing the course, you will have completed your PGCE and be a qualified teacher with QTS.
Grad2Teach offer all your training by experienced school leaders, including coaching and mentoring to ensure that you are fully supported to reach the Teachers’ Standards successfully, while earning a salary and doing what you love.
In Training Phase 1, you will:
· Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work on our 39-week, school-based, salaried trainee programme
· Gain invaluable insight into classroom management and teaching practice
· Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
· Receive three Quality Assessment observations from one of our trainers in your employer school
· Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Training Phase 2, you will:
· Attend 6 training days with our partner university
· Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learnt so far
· Cover up to 90% of a teaching timetable within a classroom
· Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
· Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience
Grad2Teach offers you:
· £14,000 - £20,000 salary
· Full PGCE with 60 Masters credits
· QTS with the Coventry University – National School of Education and Teaching
· Full time for two years