Salaried Teacher Training - Trainee Business Studies Teacher
Business Studies and Economics
About the job
We have partnered with a secondary school in South Hertfordshire who are looking for a Business Studies graduate to commence their Initial Teacher Training with them from either September 2022 or January 2023. The ideal candidate would have some experience teaching already, though you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills as you work towards Qualified Teacher Status and incrementally build up your teaching requirement. Your main tasks will consist of covering and teaching classes within your department, supporting students who are falling behind in smaller groups, balancing the workload of other teachers in the department, and maintaining a safe learning environment for your students. If this position sounds right for you, then apply now through Grad2Teach to take the first step to a long and fruitful career in the education sector through our Salaried Teacher Training programme.
To be eligible for this programme you must meet the following requirements:
· Have determination, resilience, and a patient, caring attitude.
· Have a relevant university degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification.
· Preferably some experience in a UK classroom.
· Have the confidence and ability to lead the class.
· Be able to demonstrate your resilience.
· Be able to train across all key stages to broaden your skillset.
Why choose Grad2Teach as your salaried teacher training course?
As a trainee on Grad2Teach’s salaried teacher training programme, you will receive high-quality, CPD-accredited training. All your training is led by experienced school leaders, including coaching and mentoring. Grad2Teach will ensure you meet the Teachers’ Standards throughout the salaried teacher training programme.
With Grad2Teach you will work to complete a one- or two-year course, achieving a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). You will gain experience working in at least two schools whilst on our salaried teacher training course.
Upon passing Phase 2 of Grad2Teach’s salaried teacher training programme, you will have completed your PGCE and be a qualified teacher with QTS.
In Training Phase 1, you will
· Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work on our 39-week, school-based, salaried teacher training programme
· Gain invaluable insight into classroom management and teaching practice
· Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
· Receive three Quality Assessment observations from one of our trainers in your employer school
· Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Training Phase 2, you will
· Attend 6 training days with our partner university
· Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you’ve learned so far
· Cover up to 90% of a teaching timetable within a classroom
· Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
· Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience